- Permaculture based design, installation and maintenance
- Ecologically sensitive design, based on naturally occurring communities
- Garden creation: Organic, low maintenance, beautiful, healthy, productive gardens
- Knowledgeable organic land care and maintenance
- Low impact development and storm water management
- Appropriate stone and architectural features, patios, decks and gazebos
- Edible gardens
- Self Sustaining Gardens
- Forest Gardens
- Garden coaching and consultation
- Skilled pruning
Be it a minor spruce up, or major make-over, Landscapes by Lillabeth, LLC, can help you decide what best fits your personal tastes, needs, and budget.
Lillabeth Wies, Biography
After earning a Master’s Degree in Horticulture from the Pennsylvania State University based on research in organic vegetable intercropping at the Rodale Organic Research Institute, Lillabeth began work in 1980 as the Superintendent for several notable old estates on Long Islands Gold Coast, and more recently here in Massachusetts at the Sedgwick Gardens. Experience using organic techniques at these superb mature gardens, travel, and further study at Radcliff School of Landscape Design and Design History, have enriched her understanding of plants, garden health and vigor, and creative space use.
Landscapes by Lillabeth, LLC was started in 1994. Our small well trained staff has over 40 years of experience organically designing, planting, and maintaining historic estates and residential properties. We are a caring, knowledgeable company ready to serve your landscaping needs.
We are a NOFA (Northeast Organic Farming Association) accredited Professional Organic Land Care Company. We are supporting members in The Ecological Landscaping Association. We participate in the Western Massachusetts Permaculture Guild, and follow developments from Elaine Ingham’s Soil Food Web, Inc. Ecological landscaping science is rapidly growing and being refined. We bring you the most up to date, reliable practices we can find. We invite you to participate with us in healing our environment.